Prone Posture, Reverse Corpse Pose, Adhav Asan, Adhva Asana
It is the companion position for relaxation; lying on the stomach, with the arms along the body and the palms towards the floor.
How to reach the stretch
- Lie on your stomach.
- Stretch both arms forward on each side of the head.
- Relax the whole body in the same way as described for Shavasana.
How to release the stretch
Stay in the position for some time and then loose your body and relax.
- Recommended for people with slipped disc, stiff neck, and stooping figure.
- These people will find it not only a useful asana for their ailment but also an excellent sleeping pose.
- Always work within your own capacity.
- Never move into pain.
- Enjoy the pose, and listen to your body. This is your greatest protection for preventing injury.