Half-Plough Posture, Half-plow pose, Adha hal Asan
This asana is similar to uttanapadasana. The only difference is that, in uttanapadasana the feet are taken high about 30 degree and in Ardha-Halasana it is about 90 degree.
How to reach the stretch
- Lie on your back with feet together. Keep your palms beside the thighs, facing the ground.
- Now inhale and raise your right leg, as much as possible, without bending at the knees. Remain in this posture for some time.
- Then repeat the asana with the left leg.
How to release the stretch
To release, exhale and bring the leg down slowly and relax.
- This asana is an excellent exercise for the pelvic region. Any pain in the lumbar region due to strong posture or pressure can be rectified to a great extent by regular practice.
- Ardha-Halasana also burns excess fat in the thighs, hips and abdomen.
Don't do this asana if you have following problems:
- Suffer from high blood pressure.
- Have a detached retina
- Feel any pressure in the head or neck
- Have your period