Half Wind-freeing Posture, Mild Wind releaving Pose, Soft knee Squeeze Posture, Ardha Pavan or Pawan Mukt Asan, Pavana or Pawana Mukta Asana, Adha Pawanmuktasana
The Sanskrit word ardha means half, pavana means air or wind and mukta means freedom or release, therefore this is the "wind relieving posture" so named because it assists in releasing trapped digestive gas from the stomach and intestines.
How to reach the stretch
- Lie down on your back in Shavasana .
- Now fold your leg and pull it with both of your hands.
- Rest the knee on your lower chest.
- Remain in the position for some time and then try the same with other leg.
How to release the stretch
To release, Come back to the shavasana position and relax.
- This-asana regulates wind in the body.
- It relieves constipation and indigestion.
- It reduces obesity and excessive fat of the abdomen.
- It helps in keeping away the disease of the lungs and the heart.
- For people suffering from wind trouble, acidity and gas formation, it has an instant corrective effect.
- It is also useful in the treatment of impotence, sterility and menstrual problems.
- Pregnant women should not perform this asana.
- People with serious back conditions, such as sciatica and slipped disc should avoid this asana.
Next: Back to Index