Half Twisted Staff Pose, Folded Tiriyaka Dundasana, Tiryaka Dunda Asana, Tiriyak Dund Posture, Tiryak dand Asan,
This asana or posture is same as tiriyaka-dandasana but with a folded leg.
How to reach the stretch
- Start with dandasana (staff-pose) .
- Now fold your left leg and the foot close to the right inner thigh.
- Then twist your torso backwards with your arms on the same side.
- Remain in the posture for some time and then repeat it again with the other leg to the opposite side.
How to release the stretch
To release, come back to the first position and relax.
- It stretches the spine and makes it flexible.
- It also stretches the legs.
Not for the persons who have chronic knee or back injury.