Bound Lotus Posture, Hidden Lotus Pose, Badd or Badh Pad Asan, bandha Padmasana
This stretch is not an easy task, but if practiced correctly it will give benefit to your body. This asana is very effective for chronic constipation and prevents arthritis from forming in the knees.
How to reach the stretch
- Sit in the posture of Lotus (Padmasana).
- While exhaling twist slightly to the right and reach back with the right hand to grasp your right big toe. Inhale. Again while exhaling, twist slightly to the left and reach back with your left hand to grasp your left big toe.
- Maintain the asana as long as possible, and increase the duration gradually and with ease.
- Don't forget to inhale and exhale normally.
How to release the stretch
To release, loose your arms and slowly come back to padmasana.
- Decreases joints pains.
- Improves digestive system, appetite.
- Improves liver functions.
Not for the persons who are the patients of Gastric ulcer, enlarged spleen and heart, lungs etc. diseases.