Tiryaka-Paschimotanasana, Cross Back-stretching Posture, Alternate/ Crossed seated forward bend pose, Tiriyak Pashchim Uttan Asan, Tiriyaka Pashchima Uttana Asana, Paschimottana, Paschimotana, Pashchimottanasana
This asana is a type of forward bend with crossed hands. In this asana left hand touches the right foot and vice-versa.
How to reach the stretch
- Start with sitting in Dandasana .
- Bend forward and touch your left foot with right hand.
- Remain in the position for some time and then do it again with right foot touching by left hand.
How to release the stretch
To release, come back in sitting position and relax.
- It stretches the muscles of back and legs.
- It also makes the back area flexible.
Not for the persons who have recent or chronic knee injury.