Hand to Foot Pose, Foot to hand Forward Bend Posture, Standing Forward bend, Jackknife Pose, Padahastasana, Hasta-Pada Asana, Hast-Pad-Asan, Hands and feet posture, Hast-padasana
Hastpadasana is one of the twelve basic asanas. You must master this pose and its variations before trying the advanced Asanas.
How to reach the stretch
- Stand erect and keep both the legs touching each other.
- Take a deep breath and keep both the hands up.
- Now go on exhaling. Bend in the front.
- Place both the hands on the ground on both the sides of the legs. Touch the head on the knees.
- Do not bend the knees. Hold the breath outside. Stand steadily in this bent position.
How to release the stretch
- Maintain position and suspension of breath 6 seconds.
- Inhale and then return to the starting position.
- Disorders of the belly and digestive system are corrected. The chest and hands become stronger and you become well balanced, beautiful and good looking.
- Diseases of the feet and fingers are also corrected.
Not for the people who have spinal problems, vertigo, hernia, cardiac problem, hypertension, ulcers, myopia.