Swinging Posture, Pendant Pose, Lol Asan, Lola Asana, Uthitapadmasana, Uthitta/ Uthita-Padma Asana, Uthit padm Asan
Lolasana (Pendant Pose) is a beginning arm balance that presents an experience requiring courage: the courage necessary to literally pull yourself up off the floor.
How to reach the stretch
- Start from Padmasana and bring the hands to the floor on the outside of the thighs.
- Inhale and press down into the palms as you engage the abdomen and lift the legs and buttocks off the floor.
- Take several breaths and release.
How to release the stretch
To release, come back to the padmasana position loose your legs and relax.
- Strengthens the abdominal muscles and the arms.
- Lolasana builds awareness in the core of the body. It helps to build abdominal and arm strength while encouraging usage of uddiyan bandh.
Not for the persons who have recent or chronic wrist or back injury.