|<! -Main Body Starts> |
Full Boat Posture, Purna Nauka, Noka, Asan Nav Asana, Boat Pose
Although this asana is done on the floor, but actually it is a challenging balancing pose (the balance is on your buttocks). The complete posture looks like a boat, and since you are balancing like a boat balances in the water.
How to reach the stretch
- Start from sitting in Dandasana.
- Take 2-3 deep breaths and start raising legs with knees bend and straight spine.
- Stretch and extend the arms horizontally.
- Raise the legs until knees start touching the hands.
- Stable yourself and straight the legs.
- Maintain this position till you feel confortable while breathing normally.
- Stop the practice if you feel abnormal pain in the lower back.
How to release the stretch
- Bend the legs so as to touch the floor with foots.
- Straight the legs and relax.
- Increases the strength of abdomen, hip muscles & Spine.
- Benefits for people having diseases related to kidneys, thyroid & intestines.
- Relieve stress.
- Increase digestion power.
Not for the people who have following diseases:
- Heart Problems
- Low blood pressure
<! -Main Body Ends>