Weighing Scale Pose, Weighing Scale Staff Pose, Weigh Scale Posture, Tolangula Asana, Tolangul Asan, Tolangula-dandasana
The second variation of Tolangulasana is also a balancing pose. The whole weight of the body will be on your hands.
How to reach the stretch
- Sit in Dandasana and slowly take your body weight on your hands.
- Inhale and lift the body, legs along with the hips above the ground.
- Your legs should be straight and should not touch the ground.
- Make yourself stiff and remain in the pose for some time.
How to release the stretch
To release, come back to the starting position and relax.
- It strengthens the muscles of arms and wrists.
- Also stretches the back area and the legs.
It is preferable however to be careful in the event of cardiac weakness or of weakness exaggerated on the level of the wrists.