Left Nostril Breathing
Chandra means Moon, referring to the left nostril. It is similar as Surya Bhedana .
How to do
- Press the index and middle finger of the left hand against the palm of that hand.
- Use the thumb to close the left nostril and the ring and little fingers to close the right nostril.
- When both nostrils are open, the fingers rest on the bridge of the nose.
- These Breathing Techniques or Pranayamas are designed to allow the free flow of energy in the body and to purify the body's energy channels called nadis.
- The practice of Pranayama also ensures that every cell in the body receives oxygen and nutrients.
Never do both Chandra Bhedana and Surya Bhedana on the same day
Next Article: Yoga Pranayama: Sitali (Tongue Hissing or Cooling Breath)