|<! -Main Body Starts> |
Right Nostril Breathing
Surya means sun, referring to the right nostril which is the path of the Pingala Nadi. When you inhale solely through this nostril, heat is created in the body and the impurity that blocks the flow of Prana is dispelled.
How to reach the stretch
- Press the index and middle finger of the right hand against the palm of that hand.
- Use the thumb to close the right nostril and the ring and little fingers to close the left nostril.
- If you are left handed then you may reverse this procedure.
- When both nostrils are open, the fingers rest on the bridge of the nose.
- These Breathing Techniques or Pranayamas are designed to allow the free flow of energy in the body and to purify the body's energy channels called nadis.
- The practice of Pranayama also ensures that every cell in the body receives oxygen and nutrients.
Never do both Chandra Bhedana and Surya Bhedana on the same day
Next Article: Yoga Pranayama: Chandra-Bhedana (Left Nostril Breathing)
<! -Main Body Ends>