Yoga Pranayama (Breathing Excercise)
Pranayama is all about breathing and concentrating the mind. During pranayama we breath with full concentration on exhale and inhale and tries to control as per the pranayama we choose. Pranayama controls the energy within the organism, in order to restore and maintain health and to promote evolution.
With the control of breathing process we control the vital forces. When the inflowing breath is neutralized or joined with the out flowing breath, then perfect relaxation and balance of body activities are realized. In yoga, we are concerned with balancing the flows of vital forces.
Paranaya goes hand to hand with the asana or pose
For detail on Pranayama visit Pranayama: The 4th of Eight Limbs of Yoga
Click the following to get the details of Pranayama technique:
- Bhastrika: Bellows
- Anulom-Vilom: Anuloma-Viloma,
- Kapalbhati: Scull Shining Breath, Frontal Brain Purification, Kapal-Bhati, Kapal-Bharti
- Ujjai: Ujjayi, Ujjayee, Victorious Breath, Ocean Breath, Loud Breathing.
- Sitkari: Teeth Hissing, Hissing Breath
- Bhramari: Nasal Snoring
- Nadi-Sodhana: Nadi-Sodhna, Nadi shodhan, Nadi Purifying
- Surya-Bhedana: Right Nostril Breathing
- Chandra-Bhedana: Left Nostril Breathing
- Sitali: Tongue Hissing, Cooling Breath
- Murchha: Murcha, Moorcha, Moorchha, Behosh, Acheta, Murchha, Unconsciousness, Swooning
- Plavini: Floating